Monday, August 14, 2006

Peace in the Mid East......come again?

Good morning world. As it says in the title or the header of my blog....What is the world coming to?
The news services are all reporting the cease fire between Israel and Hezbollah. Now this is good, very good. I'm all for peace. I detest the killings of innocent people.....BUT!!!
What I do wonder, in the midst of all these accolades of "peace", a peace sponsered by the United States.....Why aren't people of the world asking the big, in your face question, where is the peace in Iraq.
How come the United States can thrust so much time and resource into solving the, well maybe not solving, but administering a peace brokerage, between Israel and Hexzollah. Why can't the Bush administration put this much headline grabing energy into solving the problems in Iraq? I'll tell you why..........THEY CAN"T.
Iraq has become so unstable because of our military presence, we have created an uncontrollable monster. Now the administration is afraid that if we leave, cut and run, it will get worse. And indeed it will....many many more will die. If we continue to [ in Bush's words STAY THE COURSE ] many many more US soldiers will die as will innocent Iraqi citizens.
SO... guess what good ole George will do. He will contine to stay the course. He will continue to shed more American blood along side the blood of innocent Iraqis, and when it comes time to step down as President, he will dump the whole mess in the lap of the incoming President, be the new comer Democratic or Republican. Now what really pisses me off is this. There ain't one DAMN thing anyone can do to stop this repulsive course. Our brave soldiers will still be getting killed in Iraq this time next August, mark my words. There isn't going to be a pullout or redeployment of troops to the peripheries of the conflicted area. NOPE...ain't gonna happen.
However, regardless of the fact that we have over 130,000 US troops on the ground in Iraq. Good ole George Bush feels compelled to try and bring a peace between Israel and Hezbollah. A conflict that isn't any of his business. If he can't bring peace to Iraq, what makes him and Condi Rice think they can do any better between Israel and Hezbollah? I'll tell why they think this. Both of them are arrogant political pundits who think that later on in history they will be looked upon as trend setting hereos. Uh huh, ya ok. This makes sense.
I've tried to talk to several of my coworkers and people I have conversations with on a regular basis....they just look at me with the "deer caught in the headlights look". Thats right, they have no idea or concern?... as to what I'm talking about. So it goes.......we are now the peace brokers between Israel and Hezbollah. Oh!....and by the way....I'm pro Israel, I'm on their side 100%. I don't think they should back down at all. Not one inch. I'll go even farther and say that what Israel is doing is none of our business. We are the aggressors in the Iraqi conflict. We have no right, none what so ever to tell another country they can't pick a fight with the same enemy we are fighting on the ground in Iraq. Islamic fundamentalists.
We need Israel as a friend, not an enemy. I'll just bet that George will turn Israel against us. I hope not, but he has managed to piss off the rest of the world, so why not Israel.
With that said friends..........
Have a good day and good luck......
L8TR
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home