Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What are American priorities ?

Good morning everyone. Just reading the morning online news services. It makes me wonder just what citizens priorities in this country are. I mean besides personel ones. Does anyone care about the state of our nation. Have we become so numb that we don't care anymore?
Iraq is becoming completely unstabilized.....more so everyday. A government has been established....President Bush announces that it's a great day for the Iraqi people and the security of both Iraq and the United States, we now have a valid allie in the war on terror.( what else can he say, it's gone to shit)
Dozens of troops have been killed or wounded since the establishment of the "new " government. One of CBS's reporters is severely wounded, and two of her colleagues are killed along with US soldiers. There are now allegations of war crimes surfacing from proir events in the war. The Bush administration hears about it from the "press"!!!! What? Why didn't the President subordinates notify him about the allegations? Maybe it's more smoke and mirrors by the administration to allay blame.....who knows......
On the home front, we have allegations from members of Congress that the FBI is over stepping it's authority for investigating the alledged bribery of one of it's own. Congress has already demonstrated that it can't controll the illegal activities of it's own members. So what do the do? Cry wrong doing on the FBI's investigative techniques and hide behind the Constitution, yup....makes sense to me.( more political bullshit )
People in this country just don't get it or just don't care, either or, and I don't understand why.
Our country will soon be a third world nation. Our skilled labor force is disappearing. We are on the verge of giving people who came into this country as illegal aliens, AMNESTY. Then to top it off, they are only going to be required to pay up to two years in back taxes. OK, we give them amnesty. What do we do about the people that jumped through all the legal hoops to get here, to immigrate lawfully? What bone are we prepared to throw to these immigrants? I'm sure that Congress, being the outstanding institution it is can villify these people too.
I ask Americans.....where does the impropriety stop? The world is ever changing. It is a much more dangerous place to live today than it was even 5 years ago, as we well know. Has so much happened in such a short period of time that there is to much to follow? Have we all(myself included) become so disenchanted, that we feel that "resistance is futile!". I do wonder. I know I don't give anyone answers to these questions here. I do however ask the questions. Do I point my finger at people here?...DAMN right I do. I hope the ones I point the finger at read some of what I write. I'd love to debate their actions, I'd love to hear their answers. Not that they will give me truthful ones.
From what I read in the news these days, it makes me think that the main stream politicians are corrupt, they say what they think people want to hear to get elected, then tell us to go to hell. There was a news article the other day on one of the prominent news agencies stating pretty much the same thing.( it was about Congress telling working Americans to go to hell). If one politician rebutted what was stated in that article, it wasn't printed.......but I don't think anyone responded to the allegations. Amazing, absolutely amazing.
I don't think there was a response, because if there had been, it would have made for outstanding news, and the news services would have been all over it....but nothing.
So I guess we are going to hell, just like the political pundits want us to........to bad. If I'm going to hell, I'm going down fighting.

Hey! Have a good day, and good luck.

L8TR
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home