Thursday, February 16, 2006

At the local mall

.........One more thing. A little story about me and a thug at the local mall. Remember I'm retired law enforcement and don't have any sympathy for thugs.
I'm at the mall....Valentines day......Looking for a nice box of chocolates for my mother....As I'm leaving one store to go to another a thug, a black thug, wearing a red Adidas Jogging suit, enough gold around his neck to serve as the anchor for the Queen Mary. This guy was about 6'4" tall, and only weighed about 150 tops. I mean the guy has to tie knots in his knees to make a shadow.
Any way the guy speaks, says " Yo!What you doing hear white boy? At first it doesn't register that this dude is talking to me, so I ignore the question, and keep walking.....Well this somewhat incites Mr. Skinnyblack, now he has one of his man whores(also black) step in front of me. Now they have my full attention. I'm used to confrontation, so I'm not worried, and if it has to escalate, I'm always armed with an eclectic array of weapons. I tell manwhore butter ball to step aside, I have no beef with him....But Mr. Skinnyblack won't let it go.
It escalates, words are exchanged, loud and street profane. Although I notice that they aren't committed to a physical act.....Me I'm irritate on all accounts. I feel like I'm being accosted and other people in the mall aren't even trying to intervene. The security dude just goes the opposite direction.
Ok....So I know now that I'm on my own, and I've been down this road before too. I was an undercover narcotics investigator for 5 years.
I've got my Gerber folding knife in my hand, ready to thumb open the blade and start carving like it's Thanksgiving and the turkey is done.......Know what I mean. These dude thugs at least had the perception to notice that my demeanor had changed and I was ready to go.......They backed off and I continued my shopping. It deescalated that quickly. My heart beat returned to normal, the adrenalin pumping into my system slowed.
Now, someone please explain to me....In coherent terms.....Just what on earth in this country gives these people the right to act like this. Is it a racial thing, they have something to prove, or is it nonracial and they are just thugs. Please someone step up to the plate here and explain it to me. No one could the entire time I was a cop( 20 plus years). The Phd's and the psych people had fancy terms and phrases that described how these people acted, and they also had $5,000.00 excuses for similar behavior from people like this.
Believe me, I wasn't about to stab anyone, but I would have protected myself if it came down to it. I have a good job, that is secure, with good benefits. I really don't want to throw that away over some thug trying to show the world he has big(but probably skinny) balls. Just let me say that dudes like this aren't long for this world, and someday someone, maybe even me is gonna get feed up with this bullshit, and activity like it and do something about it....Or.....Maybe not...
I just wanted to share a bad experience I had at a mall, where civilization is supposed to exist.

Good night for now......

L8TR

Chris



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home