Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Oh boy...here I go again......

Mornin everyone....how's it goin? I'm doin fine thanks. Ok.....just reading an article on ABC news again. Hillary Clinton is gettin on here political soap box about our troops not having the proper body armour in Iraq. Well no sh*#, you just find this out ma'am? Jesus H...our troops have been fighting this damn war since ......ah....lemme see.....'03 I believe? So now? This very instant it becomes a friggin issue with you? Hell you voted to send troops in......why didn't the military oversite dinks notice that we weren't properly equipped to go to war? Ohh gee...I forgot.....Rumsfeld made it ok because he said in a news conference when you go to war, you work with what you have.....yup....uh huh...makes sound sense to me.......I mean...don't plan anything, especially for going to war.
Now don't get me wrong, good ole Saddam was a son of bitch. Personally, I think they could have just wacked him with extreme predjudice if they had really wanted to...Him and his whole Baath party. You know what I mean, cut the head off the snake and it dies. Aw hell though, what do I know, I'm just a retired cop who dealt with thugs and street gangsters.
I know I make it sound easy and it just plain isn't. It just ticks my sensibilities that NOW Hillary thinks it needs to be a great concern that the troops in Iraq need body armour....well hell ya they do....but why wasn't it an issue before we went to war? Use the body armour issue to ingratiate your self with who ever so you can run for the top office in '08.....I guess......
For Christ sake the cops right here in the USA gotta buy there own body armour if they want better than what the government will give'm, and believe me the government bought stuff ain't the greatest....I do know this. So you think the government is going to supply the troops right? Nope ain't gonna happen.....like Rumsfeld said, ya work with what ya have at hand. Hell they didn't even have armour on the humvees when they first went in, the had to ship steel over and weld it on in the field. Oh well...again what the frig do I know?
I do know the sky is blue, water is wet, and pigs don't fly............

Have a great day everyone.....do something nice for the boys in Iraq....they need all the help they can get......even if it comes from some political pundit.....I guess

L8TR

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home