Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I know what I know

Hello everyone, hope your day is good. I'm a biker, been riden Harleys for about 30 years or there abouts. I started young, very young, and my first bike was actually borrowed, didn't run, and needed a lot of work. I got it running, and I rode it(illegal as hell too). Never got caught except one time I had a minor accident with it. Everything was settled without benefit of police assistance. In those days it could happen and if done right there were no adverse consequences.
I learned a lot from my early experiences from the older bikers. Most of them were ex-service, military individuals. They had a way about them. They weren't loud mouths, not braggerts or bullies. They had purpose, much of that purpose was to Live Free, and Ride Free.
They lived by the montra, if you don't bother me, I won't give you a second look, but tread on me, an I'll tear you in half without a second thought.
They influenced me so much, during the Vietnam War I enlisted so as to avoid the draft and end up in a situation not to my liking. However, a greater power than me had other ideas. I was not accepted by the military because of a knee injury. So the wise gentlemen at the Upstate New York draft board gave me an option. Rather than give me a medical deferment, they advised me that if I could prove that I was in an Institution for greater education, the would give me an educational deferment, rather than the medical. They said a medical deferment would follow me the rest of my life, and being that the injury I had would heal in time, they suggested the college approach to non military service.
Well....it worked. I went to college, received a degree in Liberal Arts with a Criminal Justice Associates. I also dabbled enough in Commercial Art I also qualified for a 2 year degree in Commercial Art.
About 5 years after college, I ended up being a cop in the Southern Tier of New York State. I retired from that job, and now work for a local educational system. I have a good life, and I live free and ride free.
I know the economy isn't good. I also know that our great country is in dire need of leadership. The Republicans have lost their edge, the democrates don't have anyone that can measure up either. I feel that both parties actions are devisive to the country and well being of the entire population.
We need to actively take up securing our immediate borders. I'm not talking just about the southwest. I mean ALL of the borders.
We need to take an active part in taking care of the infrastructure of the country. It needs work, and lots of it.
We need to reassure people that the government is a government .....FOR THE PEOPLE by THE PEOPLE.
It's not just President Bushs job to get this message out, it's the responsebility of each and everyone of us as Americans to do it.
I don't care if you are for the war against the war, Republican or Democrate, black, white ,purple, pink, or blue in color. If you are an American, natural or sworn in as one, it is your RIGHT to say what your opinion is, as long as you do it with respect.
Ladies and gentlemen, we need to make our country great again, make it strong, and safe for Americans. I know what I know.......
So lets get to work.

Good afternoon, and good luck in all your endeavors........

L8TR
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home