Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What escapes me is..................

Good morning everyone. As the title of this post states, there are a few things that continue to escape me. Those being the irresponsible people in the news services who could really put some pressure on the powers that be( Bush Administration) and don't, they capitulate everytime.
The Vargas woman from ABC news interviewed the President. What does she ask? Questions that we all know the answers to. Are we prepared for another natural disaster.......What about Iraq ? She asked the President about love and family.....GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK!!!!
Why not ask some hard questions, I mean here she has a chance to really get down and dirty, but doesn't. Know why? Because she has to present the questions she is going to ask ahead of time, they are either approved or rejected by the Administration. So actually the so called free press or interviewrer is censured before the interview is even given. If I were the news service guys I'd say screw you guys, then I'd get on the nightly news and tell the nation " Well, we were supposed to interview the President, but he wouldn't let us ask the questions we wanted to ask, so we took our ball and went home." The problem with that though is there is some other newsie willing to take the interview with censured questions. So tell me....is that free press? I don't think so. It's at the very least a controlled press, or news reporting.
This guys ratings are at an all time low. He needs to answer for his decisions. He needs to be pressured to answer some questions we all want the answers to.
No one, I mean no one is willing to press the hardline questions to this guy or the Administration, and when they do, it's usually met with we can't discuss it. They won't discuss it, because they know there isn't a good viable reason for this guys decision, or the reasons are because of negative politcal posturing on his part.
As you all know, and I know I have said this before, we are at war ladies and gentlemen. That means we are constantly sending people into harms way. The people that have to go into harms way go, don't argue, they go. They feel it's their duty. Ok.....so what does their Commander in Chief do? He cuts veterans benefits......our wounded, our severely wounded aren't getting the follow up care they need, to go on with their lives.
So what happens? When a News Service gets an interview with President of the United States, you can't ask him why? I'm only guessing that if these questions are posed in a pre-interview review by the White House who ever, they are deemed to volatile for the President to address. Why? He created the need for the questions to be asked. These decisions are his, he is the Commander in Chief. If anyone can get care for the soldiers returning from Iraq...he can. If anyone can do something to protect these proud brave people that are fighting for their lives in the Middle East, he can. He sent them there.
I can't believe there is more outcry from regular citizens like you and me about this issue.
Once in awhile we hear from other politicians about it, but not nearly enough. I just do wonder.....what do Americans really care about anymore. What has happened to our patriotism. Are we all so concerned and entombed by the American dream that we can't pay attention to what is going on around us?
So I ask......What is the world coming to today? Especially the world that is closest to me.....the United States....and all it stands for....or used to stand for.
It as of lately doesn't seem as if we are at all we are united on anything.
Let me see some comments that will maybe change my mind...give me some ideas as to how I can contribute more that I do here at my blog..........

Thanks.......have a great day and Good Luck......

L8TR
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home