Monday, March 13, 2006

Really? I'll be damned!!!

Good morning, and I trust everyone had a good weekend. Great!
Well.......I see that The Hells Angels are in the process of suing Walt Disney over what the HA are referring to as copy right infraction.
It seems as though WD is making a movie about middle aged bikers, and I guess some where in the movie WD has seen fit to use the Hells Angels "Flying Death Head Skull" as part of the props for their movie.
You are probably wondering where I'm going with all this? Well I'm just kinda looking at it from a laymans point of view.
Now, if the HA has their "Flying Deaths head skull" copyrighted, the WD has no right to use it with out their premission, and I would assume must pay the HA royalties for use of their copy righted symbol, or if the HA doesn't want it used, they can't use it.
WD says what the hell, we'll just go ahead and use it. They start making the film, used the HA symbol in the film, and POOF! A law suit is born.
Now believe me, the Hells Angels are bad guys, I think we all understand that point. Also they went to a great deal of trouble to get their "Flying deaths head skull" copyrighted. They paid for it to be recorded and documented as theirs and theirs only.
So along comes WD, and they just go ahead and use this symbol in their movie, regardless of the circumstances and the consequences. Now I know that WD is a big, big entity. They have a great deal of wealth and political backing. The question I have? Is this. Unless the pundits at WD have been living in a cave for the last 30 years or so, have never heard of Sony Barger, or the Hells Angels, why would they want to incurr the rath of a nationly and internationly notorius 1 percent biker organization such as the Helss Angels?
I mean it's not unlike these guys to pull along side a car or another motorcyclist, and take ball pean hammers to the individuals there abouts inflicting very unpleasant injuries to them.
I mean really folks, why would you do this. Why create a problem for ones self, especially when the history of the aforementioned organization is that notorius.
Does WD feel that they are so well known, and so big, and so affluent, that they will be exempt from the rath of the Hells Angels? That because they are so big and so famous that they can do as they damn well please? I'll just bet old Walt Disney himself is probably turning over in his grave right about now.
Yes folks, these are the questions that my mind ponders. Why? I have no idea. It's just shit that I think about.
I see also now that the Democrtes want to censure Mr Bush, because of his wire taps on on private citizens in the name of fighting the war on terror. Politics makes my head spin. Just what the hell do they think this will accomplish in the great scheme of things. The Republicans will never go for it....but thats besides the point. Just what good is it going to do the general population of the United States. Is it going to make our borders more secure? Is it going to solve the Medicare debacle? Is it going to stop the secular fighting in Iraq? Is it going to put the Gulf coast back on track?I think not.
I just wonder what it will take to get an effective, rational, working government back in the nations Capitol. As I see it from my point of view, we are only hurting our selves, and doing nothing that will benefit the general American public. Again you probably ask, why do I dwell on this shit. I don't, I ask the questions, I think about what could be done, and I write about it.
At this point in my life it's all I can do right now. Maybe at some point in the future I will have someones ear that I can get to listen to my point of view, until then, about my only recourse is to share my thoughts here on my blog.
I thank my lucky stars that I live in a place where I can write about what I think is going on and give my opinion. The reason I'm thankful for that is, because there are still places in the world, you'd be shot, just for sharing your opinion, especially if it goes against the grain of the government, or the powers that be think it goes against the grain of the government.
With that said, everyone have a great day, a great week, and good luck in all your endeavors.

L8TR
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home