Friday, March 24, 2006

Katrina still lingers, and now a coverup in Aruba?! NO!!!

Well.....where do I start...I guess with Sheriff Billy McGee. Billy a Mississippi Sheriff got'm self in hot water with the government. It seems that 6 days after Katrina came roaring ashore, there still was no relief in sight for the people in Billys jurisdiction....So Billy decided enough was enough. Now Billy knew that FEMA had tractortrailers full of ice just sitting at a military training reservation down the road a piece. So Billy instructed his deputies to get (comandeer) a couple of the tractortrailers, and I guess that in the process of the comandeering, a National Guard Soldier got handcuffed. Now thats all the information the news services are putting out on the wire.
Now never mind that FEMA negelected to respond to the disaster. Michael Brown was to busy sending Emails about being a FEMA fashion plate, and Chertoff must have been watching the Cartoon Network, because he certainly wasn't paying attention to the Cable News Services or the intelligence reports coming in from his people in the field. Lets get back to Billy.
So now we have Sheriff Billy McGee left to his own decisions, he's there, he's present. He makes a decision, and goes with it. The man steps up to the plate.
Enter someone from the government. They are pissed and want Billy dealt with.So the deal gets handed to the Mississippi Attorneys General Office.....they don't want to step up to the plate. The Attorney General recuses himself because he is a member of the National Guard. So now the case has been handed off to the Alabama Attorney General, and left to them to decide wether or not charges be brought against Billy McGee. I think maybe the officials should pass the buck a little more...or better yet say "ya know what...this is bullshit" and drop it.
I'm a retired lawenforcement officer......I gotta side with the Sheriff on this one. It's not like the guy took the job last night, he knows what he's doing. This guy like I said earlier in this piece was in a hard spot, he felt he had to do something.
My hats off to Billy McGee, job well done....to the National Guard Soldier that got handcuffed, sorry, I gotta take the side of the Sheriff. My vote is let the guy go, let him get back to being Sheriff.
Then we have another cop in the News.....Gerold Dompig Deputy Chief of Police Aruba. According to Dompig, he now speculates that Natalee Holloway may of had alcohol poisoning, and possible drug abuse, resulting in her death. He says he also has information, new information, that there may have been a cover up in Natalees death. Ok folks....something stinks here. I think we all here in the USA know that there was probably a cover up right from the get go on this one. Not to mention less than inferior police work by Dompig and his crew. Something else that needs to be considered is how much pressure did the Aruban government put on Dompig to make this nasty ugly incident go away. I'm not defending Dompig, I'm just wondering if there was pressure from the political pundits in Aruba. I mean their main stay in life on the island is tourism.
I think Dompig is incompetent, uncooperative, and has been extremely evasive about the facts in the Holloway case. If they do find her remains, they had better have FBI forensics there to do the tests, as I think these Arubans will do anything to stop Natalees death from becoming a murder. It just wouldn't look good for Aruba to have an 18 w/f from the United States killed while she was vacationing on their Island paradise, especially if Dutch Nationals are the responsible parties. Now...would it? Just a little mind fodder for thought, from a completely retired police officer with to much time on his hands.

Have a great weekend, and good luck,

L8TR
Chris

1 Comments:

Blogger biscuit said...

Chris..
thanks for stopping by my blog.. I've now added you to my blogs to check daily.. Interesting stuff.. and perspective..
I can't believe (well in this regime I can) the BS with Billy.. why more people haven't said something is beyond me.. it's disgusting.
peace,
biscuit

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home