Monday, April 03, 2006

A shooting in Westhaven Conn.

April 3rd, 06.....Westhaven Conn. Apparently on the 2nd of the month there was a shooting on I95 near Westhaven. The guy that got shot was a motorcyclist. He was able to pull his bike to the side of the road where he discovered he had been shot in the torso. He later died at a hospital.
The shooter in the incident got away. There are reports that the vehicle the shooter was in was an SUV with Florida plates....no further description or information. The Conn. State police are asking anyone with information to contact them.
OK, anyone that knows anything about this story knows I left out some important facts. The rider of the motorcycle was a Hells Angels motorcycle club member. A fellow rider was also wounded but he was treated and released, according to the news accounts. He also was a member of the Hells Angels motorcycle club.
Now....what I have printed here is pretty much what the online news services had to give to us inquisative bloggers.
I find it interesting that the description of the vehile is one with Florida plates, being that the Hells Angels are suing Disney over copryright infringements. It was the first thing I thought of. ( Not that Disney put out a hit on the Angels either), but rather that some demented Floridian with a gun is traveling. Spots a group of HA on the highway, and opens fire, then drives on into the night or what ever. Then again maybe it's a rival Club that rented a vehicle with Florida plates just to throw the law off and they did the deed. Then again it could have been as the police suggested that there had been an altercation on the road between the Hells Angels and this particular motorist, and the motorist had a gun, was highly pissed, and opened fire. Who knows.....there are a myriad of scenarios I could comtemplate all day.
Now being a biker, I know better than a lot of people that the ladies and gentlemen on four wheels have a very high disregard for those of us on two wheels. Many...not all....of you four wheelers just don't pay attention to your surroundings and many many times just run us little two wheelers right off the road. To be fair though, I have to say, I see many two wheel riders who just ride way to fast, split lanes, and cut in and out of traffic because they think they can, and many times they cause the accidents. Everytime I have been cut off, or run off the road, when I have caught up to the person driving the four wheel vehicle, they often say....."I DIDN'T SEE YOU!!!".....oh well, enough said about that.
I'm sure if there was an altercation, which I doubt the Hells Angels will admit to being a part of.I wonder what did this guy do that caused another motorist to SHOOT him? Thats the question I have. Actually there are many questions, which may go unanswered if the law enforcement officials don't get some tips on the matter. Maybe some witness's will come forward......who knows.
If it were me investiagting the incident. I'd treat it like any other crime. Exhaust all my leads, keep digging, until I found out why someone had died.
Hells Angel or not, the deadman will speak no more. So now it's up to the police and the other authorities, it's up to them to speak for the dead. Especially the murdered dead.
And I can only hope that the Hells Angels don't get a hold of the shooter before the authorites do, as it won't fare well for the individual, no matter who it is. It may not be right, but thats life on their terms. Like it or not.......

Have a great day,

L8TR
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home