Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Priorities? What priorities?....................

Good morning world. Let me start by looking at some headlines......Lindsy Lohan parties to much, Britney has 2nd babyboy, the Naked Cowboy is a success.
Now there are other more dire headlines. Such as the revelation of the non exsistant secret prisons, the die reports coming out of Iraq. The recent attach on the US Embassy in Syria. Global warming.
Now I ask......are the stars or glitter mongers just as important as the othe headlines? Nope. They aren't. Although they attract readers attention, and it may lead to the reader delving into other more notorius headlines. Maybe things he or she may not want to read, but they get caught up in the moment. Then again it could be the lack of priorities, or prioroties we have established for ourselves as a war weary nation......who knows? I don't....just wondering.
I have a more pressing issue to take up with our President and Congress.
As most people well know, we were viciously attacked by Islamic barbarians call Al-Qaeda. They killed approximately 3,000 in the atacks on the World Trade Center. OK.....now the secret prisons are not a secret. Our government has 14 people they have sent to Guantanamo. There are also possibly another 96 that may have been "rendered" to other countries.(What ever rendered means) I know what it means to send cattle to a rendering plant. Lets only hope these other detainees haven't met the same fate.(At least not yet) Not that they shouldn't be sent to meet Allah if they were involved the attacks. OPPS! DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD!!! My oh my.....my apologies.
Any way......I think that they should glean as much information from these bad guys as they can get. Use it, forward it to all agencies involved in the protection of our borders, and set some new policies regarding Homeland Defense.
Now maybe Congress and the President have already done this, although I think this is probably a big MAYBE. From past performances, I doubt that Congress or Bush have had much thought about making positive use of the detainees. Making sure these guys are treated fairly is not a bad thing. It's the right thing to do. I'm sure though that some where along in the process, they could put much of the information these people have to a very good use.... The protection of the good ole USA....... I'm very skeptical about the safety of our country since 9/11. I doubt that we are any safer now.
At any rate....good day for now, and good luck in all your endeavors.

L8TR
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home