Monday, May 08, 2006

Fighter Planes and make shift used car lots

WHOA!!!! It has beeen awhile since I blogged. Not that anyone has noticed. Anyone who reads this is probably wondering what the devil fighter planes and make shift car lots have in common, how are they linked?......well....they aren't.
This last weekend I was in Syracuse at my girlfriends home. We were doing things out side. The Airmen from the 174th Fighter Wing of our Air National Guard were out flying their F16c's. What a tremendously beautiful site to see,... these state of the art fighters fly.
On two different occasions I saw these guys fly vertical(in a hurray) and over the top and straighten out. It was truely an impressive act to witness. It made me wonder what it must be like to sit at the controls of such an tremendous machine. Whats it like to pull g forces like that flying straight up and over the top.
My hat is off to those guys flying the F-16's from the 174th fighter wing. Thanks boys for the security you provide not only the citizens of central New York State, but also the United States.
Now......the second part of this blog is 'NOT" so patriotic, it may seem idiotic to some. Take some time and drive around, and check out some of the mall parking lots. Especially the ones close to busy roadways. See if you don't notice a myriad of vehicles with "For Sale" signs posted on them in some manner. The vehicles are usually parked in the parking spaces closest to the roads, and not near the buildings the parking spaces are intended for. I must also mention that for the most part these spaces are usually unoccupied even during normal business hours.
My point however is this. This is not public property. These parking lots are privately owned by developers who lease the mall spaces to individual stores. The parking spaces are for mall patrons.
What I am wondering is this. What makes people think that they have a right to go to these places, put a "For sale" sign on a car, boat, motorcycle, couch, trailer, or what have you, and advertise to sell it. I mean the stores there are paying rent, usually to the tune of $1000 a square foot or something like that to sell their wares. Do the people selling their cars and other various pieces of property have permision from the mall owners? Is it someone from the stores selling these items? I think not. These people are usually people who have some sort of interpretation of entitlement, that it is their God given right. It's OK that they trespass on the mall properties and sell their things.
If I'm wrong about this, please feel free to contact me via my blog, and let me know. Not that any of this matters, nor is it any of my business. It's just something I wonder about, and I just ask the simple question, why do we Americans feel free to take more liberty than is already awarded to us, as we do live in a democracy, and can pretty much do as we please as long as we don't infringe on others rights. If you read this and have an answer, let me know.

Thanks for reading. have a great day, week, and month, I will blog some more I'm sure.

L8TR
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home